The Women’s Fund makes grants to projects across Scotland that support women’s development, self-sufficiency and social and economic equality.
Established in 2002, the Fund has distributed almost £2m in grants to over 700 community groups and local charities run by or for women.
To support projects across Scotland that promote women’s development, self-sufficiency, and social and economic equality. Our vision is of a Scotland that is safe, healthy, prosperous and connected because women and girls have been encouraged and supported to reach their full potential. All members of the community will benefit from the empowerment the Fund brings to women.
Making A Difference
The Women’s Fund for Scotland makes grants across four key themes
- building skills and confidence
- improving health and well-being
- building social networks
- moving on from violence
There is no organisational income cap for applicants, however applications from organisations with an income below £250,000 may be prioritised over larger organisations.
You can apply for between £500 and £5,000. Grants must be spent within one year and the total project cost must not exceed £20,000. There is around £100,000 to be awarded in total between both rounds.
There will be two deadlines in this financial year.
To ensure your application is processed without delay, you must ensure all the required supporting documents are uploaded. If you do not have electronic versions of your supporting documents you can post them instead but you must do so within 5 days of completing your online application form.
However, if you apply less than 5 days, or on the day, of the published deadline, please note that if we do not receive all your supporting documents by 4pm on the deadline date, your application cannot be processed and will be automatically withdrawn.
|Deadline||Decisions communicated by|
|Monday, 4th September 2017||20th December 2017|
|Monday, 5th March, 2018||20th June 2018|
Please read the guidelines prior to completing the online application form ensuring that you clearly include what outcomes you hope to achieve, how these outcomes will be measured and what evidence of impact you will be able to provide (e.g. reports, photos, user feedback).
You will need to submit the following supporting documents PLEASE CHECK GUIDELINES FOR FULL DETAILS:
- A copy of your constitution / governing document**
- A copy of your most recent annual accounts which must be signed by the independent examiner** (New groups, which haven’t completed their first year’s accounts yet, must provide a projection of income and expenditure for the first year of operation.)
- A copy of your most recent bank statement.
- Management Committee details should be provide on this template, available to download here
- Children / Vulnerable Adults Policy (if applicable)
- For any capital items (e.g. equipment, construction services) you will need to provide at least two quotations from a supplier. For items exceeding £500 in value, three quotes should be provided. If this is not possible, please explain why.
- **If you are a registered Company Limited by Guarantee you do not need to submit either of these documents as we can access them from Companies House.
Please contact Ros Houldsworth if you have any queries about the fund. Email: email@example.com or Tel: 0131 524 0340