The Tampon Tax Fund allocates funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls.
To support projects across Scotland that promote women’s development, self sufficiency and social and economc equality.
The fund is keen to support projects working in one of three priority areas;
- building skills and confidence
- improving health and well-being
- building social networks
This fund is open for applications from:
- Registered UK charities
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations
- Constituted Community groups
- Companies Limited by Guarantee
- Community Interest Companies
- Co-operatives – registered Community Benefit Societies and registered Industrial and Provident Societies
- Credit Unions
- Social Enterprises
If you are applying in partnership or as part of a consortium the organisation submitting the bid must be an eligible entity from the list above, this organisation will manage the funds if successful.
Funding to Community Interest Companies and other non-charities may include conditions to restrict funding to charitable objectives only.
- Groups in receipt of Tampon Tax funding from another funder
- Statutory organisations, including schools
- Individuals or individual sponsorship
What we won’t fund:
- Use for activities of a party political or exclusively religious nature
- Paid for marketing and advertising
- Purchases of capital equipment
- Costs reimbursed or to be reimbursed by funding from other public authorities or from the private sector
- Interest payments (including service charge payments for finance leases)
How to Apply
Please read the guidelines prior to applying.