The Women’s Fund for Scotland (WFS) makes grants to projects across Scotland that support women’s development, self-sufficiency and social and economic equality. Established in 2002, the Fund has distributed over £2.5m in grants to over 700 community groups and local charities run by or for women.
The Women’s Fund for Scotland has secured funds to run a Covid Emergency Response Fund (CERF). The second round of funding for this programme ended in August 2020.
We aim to promote systemic change in Scotland to empower women, and to help overcome the multiple disadvantages and discriminatory practices that females experience throughout their lives. Our vision is of a Scotland in which women participate equally at all levels of society, free from any barriers to full and equal engagement in political, institutional, economic, and cultural life, including freedom from the fear of sex-based violence.
The Women’s Fund for Scotland makes grants across five key themes:
- Building skills and confidence
- Improving health and well-being
- Growing Social Connections
- Moving on from abuse
- Developing leadership and innovation
WFS Funding Priorities
All applications will be considered according to WFS funding priorities. Applications which most clearly fit one or more of these will be prioritised. They are:
- Priority for women’s organisations, especially those run by and for women.
- Priority for community-based organisations running projects with women and girls.
- To ensure so far as possible Scotland-wide distribution of funds
- Helping disadvantaged women and girls
- Empowering women and making a tangible difference to their lives
- Supporting women to escape and recover from domestic, sexual, and sex-based violence
- Using our limited resources for maximum long-term impact
- To support the Scottish Government’s wider strategic objectives
Grants available between £500 and £5,000.
Grants are available for organisations with an annual income of less than £1,000,000 (priority is given to those with an income of less than £500,000)
This fund is currently closed for applications