As a result of the grant secured from the Women’s Fund for Scotland, Karibu Scotland have been able to make headway in their plans for the future and their plans to make Karibu Fashion a well known brand.
Karibu Scotland have been able to
- Recruit new volunteers from across Glasgow as they are now able to support volunteers with travel expenses and child care.
- Volunteers have been taught how to use different types of machines
- Volunteers are now able to trace the paper patterns from commercial patterns that are available in shops
- The volunteers are now in the process of making a skirt using different types of materials
- Our existing volunteers continue to learn different sewing techniques and they can make different patterns. Some of them are learning how to support new volunteers to build their confidence
The work of Karibu Scotland really is helping to develop new skills, new contacts and ultimately to build confidence of all the women involved.